Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. (CMT)
, a civil engineering design firm, is actively seeking to add a talented, Construction Phase Surveyor to our Springfield, MO Surface Transportation team. The successful candidate will work closely with clients, the general public, and co-workers to perform Construction Layout, Land Title Surveys, Plats of Highways, Topographic Surveys, and other surveying duties while maintaining and adhering to industry standards.
Responsibilities will include working closely with project managers to ensure survey projects are completed to project requirements and specifications as identified in work orders and construction plans. In addition, duties will include working as an integral member of the overall project development team to provide resident observer and on-site construction inspection services for a range of aviation, water resources, site development, and surface transportation projects. This role includes oversight and coordination of additional observation personnel and completing project closeout documentation and record drawings per client-specific requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with surveying equipment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must be reliable, dependable, and responsible
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug alcohol screen and background check
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- May require some day travel to job sites or overnight travel on occasion
- Currently holds OR ability to obtain Missouri Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license
- Relevant professional land surveying experience
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, and Geopak
- Proficient with MODOT Standards/Code Lists and survey requirements
- Experience in civil-related construction projects and construction documentation to support publicly funded projects
- Proficient with conflict management and scheduling
is committed to individual opportunity and the professional development of our employees. This position offers an opportunity to take that next step helping reach your career goals and personal potential. CMT
is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CMT does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law. Please note that CMT does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.