Entry Level Civil Engineer – Surface TransportationHiring site: Multi-CityACCELERATE YOUR CAREER!! CMT, a civil engineering design firm, is actively seeking to add talented, Civil Engineers to our Surface Transportation team to support our transportation clients and have a hand in transforming the communities we serve. CMT has office locations in Springfield, Aurora, Peoria, Rockford, Chicago, Moline, and Edwardsville, IL; St. Louis, Springfield, St. Charles, and Kansas City, MO; Indianapolis and Evansville, IN; Columbus, Cleveland and Springboro, OH; Atlanta, GA; Nashville, TN; and, LaBelle and Jacksonville, FL. We have multiple openings across our 20 offices, so if you are ready to take your career to the next level, or if it is time for a new challenge and wish to become a major contributor on transportation related projects, consider the many benefits of joining Team CMT! Our trajectory of growth is exciting, and we want great people interested in making a difference, and to assist with finding long-term solutions for the communities in which we live and work. This position will provide an opportunity to work on conventional and moderate to complex transportation projects. This is a new position for an exceptional individual ready to begin the next stage of their professional career within CMT.
CMT is committed to individual opportunity and the professional development of our employees. This position offers an opportunity to take that next step helping reach your career goals and personal potential. Built on a legacy of signature transportation achievements, CMT helps state and local governments achieve better transportation performance, along with enhanced livability and environmental stewardship. No matter the challenge or goal, our large team of transportation professionals offer a wide range of capabilities and talents that allow our clients to succeed. CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CMT does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law. Please note that CMT does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Previous related internship or engineering experience is preferred. Coursework with an emphasis on roadway/highway geometric design, drainage, transportation planning, traffic engineering/corridor studies is desired, but not required
- Experience using CAD software with knowledge of MicroStation and Geopak/InRoads software a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments on a variety of projects, work in an environment to learn quickly, take initiative and interact with a variety of people located in the Ohio and other CMT offices
- Ability to travel to field assignments and possession of a current, valid driver’s license is required